Robert, Thursday, August 14
It was off to Seward today. The total distance was 44 miles so it was an easy drive. We got to the campground just a little after noon. There were a lot of sites that were available and we were offered our choice of several. The first sites we were offered were all pull-throughs. We looked at all but one and I asked if the one we didn’t look at had a fire pit. None of those we looked at had a fire pit and we were told the one we didn’t look at didn’t one as well. Then they said, "Well, if you don’t mind backing into a site, we do have several with fire pits." We don’t mind back-in sites and if that means there isn’t anyone behind us, we actually prefer them. We took one of the back-in sites as out the back window is woods. We got set up and made an emergency beer run as I only had one remaining. Jo and Fred, the couple we met when we were in Kenai, came over for a drink and then we went to dinner with them. The campground we are in is close to the B&B we stayed in when we were here two years ago. At that time there was a restaurant close by with that advertizes, "Cheap Beer, Lousy Food." We asked when we checked in at the campground if it was still there and was the food still good. We were assured that it was a good choice for dinner so that is where we went. While the beer wasn’t cheap, the food was good and we had a good time. One of the things I wanted to ask Fred about is their satellite dish. Leslie and I have just about decided that having a satellite dish on the roof for TV and internet would be a good thing. When a dish is roof mounted, it needs to be one that automatically locks onto the satellites. When I have done research on the web, many places claim that it is no longer possible to have internet and TV on the same dish. I don’t understand that as we had that capability at home and Fred and Jo have it on their dish on their trailer. After we got back to the trailer after dinner, I sent several emails to companies offering satellite dishes for RVs asking them if we could get the service on one dish. Maybe by next week I’ll learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment