For those of you who asked, no, we did not buy the fur mittens we showed you yesterday. Exactly where do you think we would ever wear them? I bought some sheep skin slippers to replace a very shaggy pair that I’ve had for many years. As Robert commented the other day, it’s okay if we snow in Alaska, as long as we only see it out the rear window not the windshield.
Chilly, chilly, chilly. I’ve taken to wearing my lightweight down jacket (zipped up) around town. (I could wear this jacket for most of the winter in Colorado.) I didn’t bring a parka along, I’m beginning to wonder if I will regret that.
Because we are staying on a bluff overlooking Cook Inlet, the cold wind blows constantly. We weren’t too ambitious today and stayed inside until we left to meet some new friends for dinner.
There is an interesting community of RV people who meet and develop friendships on-line. Many of us have on-line blogs that the others read daily. Alaska seems to be a prime place for meeting in person. That’s because there are so few roads and everyone seems to visit the same places, so we all eventually cross paths. On-line we exchange valuable information about our travels, our rigs, and general problem solving – just like neighbors in a small town. It’s great fun to actually meet. I’ve followed Jo’s blog for more than a year and began corresponding via email several months ago. We had tried to get together in Anchorage but the timing didn’t work out. Luckily we are staying just 6 miles apart now. Jo and Fred invited us for drinks at their place before we went out for dinner. We had a wonderful time getting to know this very interesting couple (and their dog). Their cat was more illusive and refused to be sociable. The next time we’ll have them meet Cody and Molly - never shy cats!
Here are Jo & Fred with their very friendly dog, Boo Boo.
No comments:
Post a Comment