Thursday, August 7, 2008

Homer and more sunshine

Leslie Thursday, August 7, 2008

The day started out very pretty once again. Gee, I really like sunshine. The temperature at 6:00 am is 47 degrees.



Early in the morning we can watch all the fishing boats heading out. Because they fish mostly for halibut from Homer, they go out pretty far.

There is a rig parked a few spots from us with an unusual creature on their ladder.




We spent several hours planning where we’ll stay between here and Denali. Because we’ll be in Seward on a weekend I wanted to make reservations. Around noon really dark clouds came up to the east. Soon it was pouring rain. The rain blew through in a couple of hours so we were still able to grill dinner outside.

We did get to the library to post the prior few day’s postings. The library is a very new building and extremely comfortable. They don’t have a very large book collection but at least the infrastructure is in place.

Robert built another campfire looking out at the beach.



While he’s sitting there without a jacket, that didn’t last for very long. As the sun sets and the wind comes up, it gets very cold. Shortly after this picture we were both in warm jackets and I had a blanket wrapped around me.

I took all three of these pictures at 10:16 pm. Looking up and down the beach. It’s it interesting how the light changes.





No comments: