Robert, Sunday, June 29
As we have seen most of Haines, we did work on the trailer today. One of the important things was to install something to keep the cupboards from opening as we drive. This hasn’t been a problem in the past but there are reports that some very rough roads lie ahead. I installed latches on some of the cupboards like people use to keep small children from getting into cupboards. We have some things that look like a “C” that clamp on handles where two cupboards open side by side for other cupboards. On the rest, I cut some pieces of nylon rope that can be used to tie the cupboard doors closed. While I was doing some of this stuff, Leslie was doing housecleaning. When we finished all of this, we did get out to sightsee. There is an old fort that we drove around. As we were driving, we saw a place with a sign that said they had fresh fish. We stopped and bought some salmon fillets. For supper I grilled the salmon. We also grilled some chicken as our next planned campground only has water and 15-amp electric service. The place is so remote that you have to take your trash with you when you leave. So we can have cold chicken for dinner tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment