Robert, Saturday, May 24
Got the water pump replaced today. When it quit working I called the factory and they said to get it replaced, send them the old pump, and they would send me a check for the cost. I’ll wait until we get to Alaska to send it as the cost to send it from Canada would be out of sight. It cost us $1.01 Canadian to send a letter to the US so I imagine the cost to send the pump from here would be prohibitive. The reason we picked the campground we are staying in is that it is literally across the road from the dealership that replaced the pump. After we got the pump replaced, we hauled the trailer back to the campground, set-up, and had lunch. Then we went into town to get a few things. We read on the web that there is a $20 vacuum cleaner that is small and works well so we wanted to get one. The vacuum we have been using is almost useless. The new one really does work far better than the old one. I have been trying to get the valve stems replaced on the truck tires. The ones that came with the truck are rubber and I want to replace them with metal. I bought the metal stems at a NAPA store and had one replaced a week ago. At the time I could only find one stem. We have pressure sensors installed on all of the tires on the truck and the trailer. The sensors are about the size of a marshmallow. The replace the regular valve caps. With rubber valve stems, they cause the valve stems to flex leading to early failure. Unfortunately, every place I checked said they couldn’t do the work until tomorrow. We plan on two or three days in Prince Rupert before we get on the ferry so maybe I can get them replaced there.
No comments:
Post a Comment