Robert, Thursday, July 24
We drove to Palmer today. Actually, Leslie drove to Palmer and I was the navigator. We wanted to try a different campground but the one we wanted didn’t have space so we ended up in the campground where we were before. After we got set up, we went to get fuel and groceries. We got to Palmer with low fuel warnings on both fuel tanks. I’m guessing we had five or six gallons of diesel left when we got here. Just after we left the campground, we drove past a small parking lot. Standing in the middle of the lot was a young moose. He was less than fifty feet from us. I pointed and said, “Look at that!” to Leslie. Her response was, “What’s that?” I now think I know why we haven’t seen many moose. If you don’t know what a moose looks like, how can you spot them? Normally I am driving and watching the road while she is looking for things like moose. And this was one of the few times we didn’t have a camera with us. We got to the store and got groceries and then got fuel. We only got ten gallons as it is much cheaper in Anchorage and we plan to drive there on Saturday. We also got a propane tank filled. Ours are 40 pound tanks and this is only the second time we have had one filled since we left home. When we got back to the trailer, one of our neighbors had a cat on a lease outside their RV, The cat was friendly and really wanted to be petted. We stopped to talk and then unloaded groceries. The sun came out and it was actually warm so I grilled supper outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment