Robert, Saturday, June 7
Today it was fix the water system. The trailer has a connection to hookup to fresh water. It has a connection exactly like that on a garden hose. But rather than using a garden hose, they make hoses specifically for this purpose so your water doesn’t have the funky taste you get from drinking from a garden hose. When the supply enters the trailer, there is a brass valve that sends the water either into the water pipes of the trailer or into the fresh water tank. That valve had broken and would only work to send the water into the fresh water tank. So for days we had to fill the tank and then run the pump for water. To replace the valve means you need to crawl into the storage compartment (the basement) and while lying on your side do the work. It might be easy if you have arms that are six feet long and as slender as a broom stick. It would also help if I were left handed as most of the work has to be done with the left hand. After several hours I finally got the old valve replaced and everything working without leaks. Then I managed to leave the valve in the wrong position and proceeded to create a minor flood inside the trailer. As I always say, "It’s always sumpin!" We did then get into town for some to check out a few shops. I bought a watch cap as I forgot to bring one from home. I also bought a new wallet. Before we left home, my pants got washed with my wallet inside. It looked pretty funky so I finally found one I liked. We also went to the grocery store to get a few things. When we came out of the grocery, it was pouring rain so we just went back to the trailer and fixed dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment